Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Bikaneri......


Bikaneri Lunch Home, was the name of that place where i had lunch today. Occasion was Raksha Bandhan and thought i should try out something new during the lunch time today. So me and my 2 friends managed to plan this.Was a bit far away from my office but still managed to get there quickly. It was my first time at Bikaneri (as it is well known for).

Menu : Was very similar to the other indian sweets lunch restaurants, but had some more dishes than most of them, and also had the complete menu available, as in rest of them its on a daily special basis, which i hate, coz i cant eat something when i desperately want to eat it. But anyways, menu was outstanding
Rating : 5/5

Service : Was a bit slow, or may be they were a bit short staffed, or may be it was more than expected for them. It wasnt the warmest of the greeting as i have received in some other indian restaurants over the counter. Not very pleasant, but ok.
Rating : 3/5

Ambience : Very traditional. Had some sculptures including a Ganesh idol craved out of rock. Had a small stage in a corner with sitar, tabla and peti on it. May be they have some musical night once a week. Indian music filled in the taste as well. Just that the sitting arrangement was not very planned. May be needs a bit redesigning.
Rating : 4/5

Food : Delicious. Hhmm, the best indian taste i ever had. I ordered Dhokla just to start with, and then chole bhatura, and my friends ordered allo kulcha and gujarathi thali. My taste buds r still tingling. I really felt homely with regards to food. We tasted everything form each other's thalis.
Rating : 5/5

Overall had a nice time out there and enjoyed the food to the fullest.
Cheers!!

4 comments:

Kalpana said...

Wow, good!

Mumbai Guy said...

I see you had thalis for lunch. Dont they serve buffet lunch? I think buffets are better than ordering off menu. If it is dinner, I would go for special orders.

Here in US, every month we have new indian cuisine coming up in neighbourhood. That means more choice and more cheaper. Good for us. :)

Kalpana said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2008!!!

Mayur said...

where are u lost dude??
knock knock!!
somebody in here? :)