Wednesday, June 11, 2008

So the long weekend is finally over and i m back with 9-5 schedule. It wes a very good weekend overall.

Woke up early morning on Saturday and went to the temple at Helensburg. Its a hour and half drive on the princess highway and carrying onto the freeway, beautiful place, high up on the hill with stud farms around. It was all green and grazy as it is raining for past week. Cool breeze soon had me look for my jumper and wear it. My mind was in holy spirit and just felt the closeness to a spiritual force during the darshan. Then i headed for the canteen to have prasad. They provide with idli, wada, masala dosa, pulao, paratha etc .... That was pretty much my lunch. Just awesome.

Headed back straight to the weekly grocery shopping spree. After returning home watched Bhootnath, good movies, teaches a lot of lesson to small kids and even grown ups. Had pomfret fish for dinner. Ummm yummiee.


Couldnt open my eye till 10:00 am on sunday morning. Had some lazy breakfast (garlic bread), heard the weekly hindi radio for a while, checked some mails, chatted with a few friends and prepared chicken biryani for lunch. With some wine, biryani tasted even better. With my stomach full, caught up a lil nap. Had some tea in the evening and headed staright to park for an hour walk, with all this fatty stuff in me for past 2 days, i felt a walk is necessary.

Was bored of cooking time consuming food, but wanted to eat something that could tickle my taste buds, so thought of a dinner outside. So me and my roomie headed to the spot, a place where u have all cusines in a walk lane of 50 metres. While driving we decided to eat at a greek restaurant, but it was closed for renovation, so we went to Thai Riffic, a thai cusine. I tried the chef's special, Yellow curry .... hhhmm, delicious and my friend had Stir fry noodles with chicken. I had a bite, and i must say, it was fantastic. Too tired and lazy, i could barely manage to change clothes and get under my blanket.

Monday was a, getting in mode day, with lot of household work pending due to rains. I had a early start at 8:30. Too all my washing loads to the laundry at 9 am. I had to do 4 loads of 5 kg each, just imagine how much this rain has disturbed the schedule. It took me 3 hours to fininsh with all my laundry. But finally it was over and i was proud of myself. Had the left over biryani for lunch and headed to the theatres to watch Sarkar Raj. A good movie overall, with some unwanted drama, not so important scenes. Whatever, overall a good movie. After coming home late, i could only manage to make some alloo parathas and fill my stomach.

Thinking of the week ahead, i pumped myself up to the week.

8 comments:

Reema said...

The pic is really cute!! U cook biryani!! Wow impressed! and so much food description..i m hungry!!

Vaibhav J said...

@reema
Yeah i cook pretty much everything.
Cheers!

Dolly said...

looks like u had a foody weekend
:-)

Vaibhav J said...

@lollypop
I love cooking and i m a foodie person. So yes, my every weekend is pretty much foody,
Cheers!

IncorrigibleV said...

Mann aka Bubbles' new post
http://shamannicdreams.blogspot.com/2008/06/important-update-from-tanuj-please.html
she asked me to drop the link to everyone on her blogroll

Mumbai Guy said...

Hey vaibhav, good to know your weekend is keeping you real busy. I wish I could come over and try your cooking. I can eat all day :)

Take care bro.

Vaibhav J said...

@MG
U r welcome anytime bro, just knock on my door on the weekend.
Surprise Surprise!!
Cheers!

Dolly said...

sleeping !! wake up ,do the tag frm reema :-)